U.S. citizens do not need a passport to join us on Groove Cruise, but please make sure that you have the correct travel documents to board the Groove Cruise!
If you are a US Citizen, passports are highly recommended, but you may also use a U.S. birth certificate (original or certified copy) and government-issued photo ID. U.S. alien residents need a valid alien resident card.
• Non-U.S. citizens need a valid passport and a valid, unexpired U.S. multiple re-entry visa, if applicable.**All documents must be VALID! Expired passports, driver’s licenses, visas, etc. will not be accepted. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you have the correct documentation to board the ship. For more information about passport requirements, please visit www.getyouhome.gov and www.travel.state.gov
• If you have any specific questions about your situation, or if you are not a US citizen, please call US Customs and Border Protection at 877-CBP-5511 to be sure your identification is satisfactory. Whet Travel is unable to verify whether your documents will be acceptable for boarding and is not responsible for denied boarding due to incorrect documentation.
• Carry on your Boarding Pass, eDocs, passport or birth certificate, Government issued photo ID, and other relevant identification. You should also consider carrying on other essential items or valuables you may need during your first day on the ship, such as medication, sunglasses, sunscreen, cameras, mobile phones, etc. All guests must present their printed Norwegian eDocs, along with a government issued photo I.D. to gain entry into the terminal building
• Whet Travel and The Groove Cruise strongly recommend that all of our guests travel with a passport (valid for at least six months beyond the completion of travel). Having a valid passport will enable you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port in the event you miss your scheduled embarkation, or to fly back to the U.S. should you need to disembark the ship mid-cruise for any reason.
• The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) stipulates the following information with regards to “closed-loop” cruises, which are sailings that originate and terminate in the same U.S. Port. Please note that this information could change at any time without notice. U.S. Citizens (including children) taking “closed-loop” cruises will be able to enter or depart the country with either a valid U.S. Passport – or – Proof of citizenship, such as an original or certified copy of his or her birth certificate (or a ConsuMiamir report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Naturalization), along with government issued photo identification, such as a State issued driver’s license.
Other acceptable forms of identification include:
• U.S. Passport Cards
• Enhanced Driver’s Licenses
• Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
• Military Identification Cards (for members of the U.S. armed forces on official orders)
• U.S. Merchant Mariner Document (for U.S. citizens on official maritime business)
• Enhanced Tribal Card (where available)
Please note: Baptismal papers and hospital certificates of birth are not acceptable. Voter registration cards or Social Security cards are not considered proof of citizenship.
• For more information, a complete list of WHTI-compliant documents or to obtain a passport application, visit www.travel.state.gov.
• U.S. Alien Residents need a valid Alien Resident Card. Non-U.S. citizens need a valid passport and a valid, unexpired U.S. Multiple Re-entry Visa, if applicable.
• Non-U.S. Citizens: You will need a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. If you live in the U.S., you will also need the original copy of your Alien Registration Card (ARC or “Green Card”) and any other documentation the countries on your itinerary require due to your alien status.If you are not a U.S. Citizen, please contact U.S. Immigrations at 1-800-375-5283 to be sure your identification will be satisfactory for both entry into the U.S., and for the cruise.
• Citizens from the Visa Waiver Program countries will require a machine-readable passport valid for the duration of their voyage.
• All guests must present the required documentation at embarkation. Guests without the required documentation will be denied boarding and no refund will be issued. Please understand that Celebrity Cruise Line will strictly enforce this requirement to be in compliance with this important U.S. Government mandate.
• Miami Groove Cruise and the other Released Parties (as herein defined) assume no responsibility for advising you of immigration requirements. Non-U.S. citizens, including resident aliens, must contact the appropriate consulates, embassies and/or immigration office(s) to inquire about necessary documentation for the Cruise’s ports of call. Your name, as listed on your travel documents, must exactly match your name as listed on your Cruise documents.
• It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you have the proper, valid documents to board the ship. Whet Travel GCWest LLC and Groove Cruise Cabo are not responsible for denied boarding due to insufficient documents.
Join the Groove Cruise mailing list for Free Giveaways, Exclusive Discounts, 50%+ Off Merch Promos, Behind the Scenes Info, and First Dibs on Staterooms when a new cruise is launched 🥳
Support Whet Foundation by going to smile.amazon.com
1. Choose Whet Foundation as your charity
2. Shop just as you do on Amazon
3. Amazon donates .5% of your purchases to the Foundation
Costs you nothing, Do Good, and Feel Good